Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Something stuck in my mind

  1. #1
    Superguy51
    Guest Superguy51's Avatar

    Question

    I've had a thought stuck in my mind now since i eyed spawn in the later comics. Is Spawn is "The Hero" Why is he portrayed on most of the covers of all of the spawn comics as Satan? I don't think its necessary for an "evil cover all of the time. But don't get me wrong, its stilla good series.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know if you've read the comic from the beginning..... but Spawn was a Government Trained Killer... he thought he was "doing his duty" but his superior officers had him doing horrendous things... he was murdered, and ended up in hell.

    His killing abilities made him an attractive potential member of Hell's army, so the ruler of that level (Malebolgia) made him a crooked deal which returned him to earth a burned, scarred, undead shell of the man he once was... but was also given a symbiotic costume that is worn by all the Generals of Hell's army.

    Despite the fact that every square inch of Spawn comes from Hell, his HUMAN SPIRIT rebels against Hell and refuses to follow them.

    So yes, PHYSICALLY he is HELL PERSONIFIED.

    His SPIRIT and SOUL are different than that though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Superguy51
    Guest Superguy51's Avatar

    Talking

    I know that much, but i have no idea what's the story after he slays malebogia.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For a while Spawn controlled all the power of Hell (after claiming the throne from the slain Malebolgia) but he was using the energies to cure the Earth's woes.

    Needless to say, the forces of Evil were NOT happy about this and resisted his will whenever they could.

    The story developed that Cogliostro (Spawn's Mentor) was actually Cain from the Bible. After he killed his brother, he became the first (of many) Spawns in Hell. He tried to escape his curse but ultimately returned to Hell and took the throne (and all it's burdens) from Spawn.

    Spawn is still infinitely powerful (controlling all the energies of the Earth itself and the realm between Heaven and Hell) but it's still unknown as to weather Cog will be a friend or foe in the future.

    Currently Clown has gone rogue (without the orders or restraints of Malebolgia) and is working with Jason Wynn to plan Spawn's downfall and their rise to power on Earth.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member pairadocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah, what he said.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member chaserfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    12,399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wish I had all the comics so I could read the whole story

  7. #7
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Or I could give the white board version....

    "uhh... there's this Spawn guy... and he's got kick ass guns... and he like kills people but then he whines like a bitch....

    ... he'd be cooler if N3ca made him.... "

    [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pairadocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have all the comics but still haven't read them all to catch up. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think the last one I read was #50...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member chaserfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    12,399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by baimun:
    Or I could give the white board version....

    "uhh... there's this Spawn guy... and he's got kick ass guns... and he like kills people but then he whines like a bitch....

    ... he'd be cooler if N3ca made him.... "

    [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WHOA! that I understand!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •